Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Heathkit AS-21s FS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Heathkit AS-21s FS

    I'm moving to Chicago and these gorgeous 1961 Heath AS-21s have to go. They are Heath furniture versions of the 9844 monitor and have dual 414 woofers, 804 drivers on 811Bs and 800F crossovers.

    These are in about as nice condition as speakers this old can be, not perfect but VERY nice. These have a very high WAF.

    One of the 25ohm pots in a crossover went bad and was replaced but I have the original pot.

    I'm using GPA-902-16 compression drivers but I'll sell them with either the GPAs or the original 804s or with both sets of drivers for an extra $200

    Price is $1200, pickup in Lexington Ky or I'll help the buyer arrange shipping with a shipper here in Lexington. Shipping to the West Coast should run between 400-500 bucks.

    email at [email protected] I can email more and larger photos

    1
    2
    3
    4

    5

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heathkit AS-21s FS

    Hi Tom. I saw where you were kicking the colored sound for compact. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck, and stop by and say HI once in awhile.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heathkit AS-21s FS

    Offers are welcome. I'd rather sell these to someone here than ebay them (where I got 386 bucks last week for a pair of Boleros).

    The shipper here is good, the Model 19s I sent to one of our friends in California arrived safe and sound.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heathkit AS-21s FS

    Man Tom,

    I was following your auciton on the 'bay and saw what they ended up at.

    I am sure they were worth more broken up than what youare letting them go for.


    Later,


    -chris

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heathkit AS-21s FS

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    Man Tom,

    I was following your auciton on the 'bay and saw what they ended up at.

    I am sure they were worth more broken up than what youare letting them go for.


    Later,


    -chris
    Well Chris sometimes you do OK and sometimes you don't. But it wasn't about the money anyway and there was no way I was parting them out though I had many inquiries asking if I'd do so. They're going to a person in Japan, evidently if he's going to the expense of shipping them cabinets and all he'll appreciate them.

    Regards

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Heathkit AS-21s FS

    With the way the Japanese seem to covet Altec and other vintage gear, better they go there than get split to the winds.

    I have seen some of those guys collections, and they are very impressive.

    How much further till you thin out your herd of gear?

    -chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.